The top Black Friday deals on Echo devices and Alexa-enabled products
Amazon is pulling out all the stops for the Black Friday sale, meaning you’ll find excellent discounts on various products. If you want to grab some new electronics, we recommend looking at some of Amazon’s proprietary products, such as the Echo Dot 5th Gen and Echo Pop.
We’ve rounded up the top Alexa Black Friday deals, and because we’ve run a handful of them through the BestReviews Testing Lab, we have expert insights to help you determine which deals to target and add to your shopping list. Plus, we’ve included many non-Amazon Alexa-enabled products as well.
Last updated on Nov. 27, 2023, at 12:30 a.m. PT.
Best Echo Dot 5th Gen deals
Audio Quality: Sound quality is good at standard volume levels | Speakers: 1.73" | Dimensions: 3.9” L x 3.9” W x 3.5” H | Privacy Controls: Alexa privacy settings and built-in mute button
- The Echo Dot 5th Gen is the latest Echo Dot smart speaker and is now 42% off.
- The Echo Dot 5th Generation with Philips Smart Bulb bundle is 40% off.
Best Echo Dot 4th Gen deals
Audio Quality: The audio quality is solid at regular volume levels | Speakers: 1.6" | Dimensions: 3.9” L x 3.9” W x 3.5” H | Privacy Controls: Alexa privacy settings and built-in mute button.
- Save on the Echo Dot 4th Gen, now on sale for 45% off at Best Buy.
- Amazon has dropped the price of the Echo Dot 4th Gen by 45% for the Black Friday 2023 sale.
Other top Echo device deals
- The Echo Show 5 is now 56% off on Amazon.
- The Echo Pop Smart is loud for its size and comes with a free Sengled smart light bulb as part of a bundle that’s discounted for Black Friday at 37% off.
- The Echo Show 10 is excellent for showing off family photos, getting weather updates and more; it is down to 36% off.
- The Echo Show 8 is great for streaming content, managing smart devices and has a built-in camera for video calls; it's now 30% off for this year's Black Friday sale.
Best non-Amazon Alexa-enabled product deals
- These Linkind Smart Light Bulbs can be programmed to an on-and-off schedule and are on sale on Amazon for 24% off with an additional 10% off coupon.
- The Kasa Smart Plug Power Strip has six individually controlled smart sockets and is 50% off for Black Friday.
- The Sonoff NSPanel Pro Smart Home Control Panel is excellent for managing every smart device on your network, and it’s on sale at 11% off.
- With the Amazon Fire TV Stick, you can transform any TV into a smart TV and get instant access to the most popular streaming apps, such as Netflix and Prime Video. It's 50% off for the 2023 Black Friday sale.
- If you’re looking for a high-end smart TV with rich visuals and a fast processor, the Vizio 40-inch D-Series Full HD Smart TV is currently 27% off.
Who has the best Alexa Black Friday deals?
Most Amazon smart electronics include a built-in Alexa function or are compatible with the Alexa smartphone app. We recommend shopping primarily at Amazon for the best Alexa Black Friday deals, but it’s also a good idea to shop at other retailers for non-Amazon Alexa-enabled products. For example, you might find sound bars, speakers or headphones with an Alexa function at Best Buy, Walmart or Target. You can also check for deals directly from the manufacturer’s site, but your best bet for significant savings on Black Friday is to shop at the retailers we mentioned.
How to choose the best Echo device for you
After you’ve decided if you want a smart display, speaker, earbuds or another smart Echo device, choosing the best one for you is simple once you consider the features that are essential to you. What one person finds suitable for them might not work for you, so it’s crucial to think about which features you’ll get the most out of since there’s no point in paying more for a feature-packed device if you’re not going to take advantage of it.
The processing power of a device determines how efficiently it runs, meaning the better the processor, the less lag you’ll experience when launching apps, downloading or uploading files, playing games or streaming content. Most Alexa-enabled devices are easy to set up, and if you want to tweak privacy, notification and security settings, you can do so with the appropriate smartphone app.
These are the most prominent features found across Echo devices, as well as other key considerations:
- Alexa app support
- Speaker sound quality
- Screen size and resolution
- Eero Mesh Wi-Fi support
- Privacy and parental controls
- Processing power and speed
- Camera quality
The processing power of any electronic determines how efficiently it runs, meaning the better the processor, the less lag you’ll experience when launching apps, downloading or uploading files, playing games or streaming content. Most Alexa-enabled devices are easy to set up, and if you want to tweak privacy, notification and security settings, you can do so with the appropriate smartphone app.
Buying an Echo on Black Friday vs. Prime Day
There are a few notable sales throughout the year, including Black Friday and Prime Day, which are both excellent for buying electronics at a sizeable discount. The primary distinction between Black Friday and Prime Day is that Prime Day is strictly an Amazon sale event, while every major retailer across the United States offers Black Friday deals.
You can find terrific Echo deals during Prime Day since Amazon promotes its products heavily during the sale, but Black Friday is also a great time to shop for them. Plus, during Black Friday, you can shop at other stores for non-Amazon Alexa-enabled devices, meaning you have a broader selection of products to shop.
Want to shop the best products at the best prices? Check out Daily Deals from BestReviews.
Sign up here to receive the BestReviews weekly newsletter for useful advice on new products and noteworthy deals.
Kevin Luna writes for BestReviews. BestReviews has helped millions of consumers simplify their purchasing decisions, saving them time and money.